Thursday, July 17, 2014

Hot Hot Heat: My Favorite Summer Beauty Products


Summer for some is a time of humidity, frizzy hair, dry skin and no make-up. With the right products it does not have to be! Here are some of my holy grail summer beauty products.


 Face:

 Finding the perfect shade of foundation can be so hard especially if you spend most of your time outside. Pop Beauty's Colour Adapt CC Cream takes out all the guess work. It's color adapting beads adapt to your skin-tone perfectly leaving you with smooth even skin. It's super moisturizing, non-greasy and it feels so light on your skin. It also has super staying power even in humidity! 




 2-in-1 products are such a godsend during the summer! They can cut down on your time getting ready so you can spend your time doing more important things like relaxing on your boat, shopping or having family cookouts. My favorite go-to under eye concealer is Rimmel London's Match Perfection Skin Tone Adapting Concealer. It conceals and highlights in one easy step. It has a small brush for easy application, perfect for touch-ups on the go. This product blends out like a dream and has some serious staying power. I use the light/medium shade and I'm usually an NC 30 in MAC products.



NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny is my favorite year round bronzer. No matter how pale or tan I am this matte bronzer is always the perfect contouring shade. It glides on smoothly, stays all day and blends out to perfection. Best of all? It is super cheap and can be purchased at your local drugstore! If it ever shatters in your make-up bag during your summer travels it will not hurt your pocketbook and you can easily buy another one! 




Cream blushes are a summer staple for me. They give you such a natural and dewy glow and they eliminate the need for a highlighter. Finding a cream blush that can stand up to the summer heat can be a challenge. My favorite cream blush is NYX Cream Blush in Tickled. This peachy-gold flecked blush gives you the perfect flush, is velvety smooth and long lasting. The little flecks of gold in this blush give you such a lovely glow. My favorite way to apply this is with a Small Stipple Brush, it gives a light precise application.

Eyes:
If you are like me you love warm, bronzy, shimmery shades during the summer.The Urban Decay Naked Palette is my favorite palette during the summer. It features 12 gorgeous neutral colors that are sure to warm up your summer. Some of my favorite shades are Half-Baked (a shimmery gold), Sin (a shimmery champagne) and Toasted (a coppery rose gold).
Ever wanted to look hot on the beach but were too scared of having unflattering raccoon eyes? I have found the solution ladies! Lancome Hypnose Waterproof Mascara lengthens,adds volume and has staying power like no other mascara I have tried. This mascara held up for 6 hours at the beach on a humid 92 degree day which seriously impressed me.

Skin Care:
The summer sun and salt water can make your skin super dry. St. Ives Gently Nourished Oatmeal Scrub + Mask is a gentle, natural and hypoallergenic solution to dry summer skin. It scrubs away all the dead skin cells and also doubles as an oatmeal mask for radiant and soft skin. 

Hair Care:
 I have super frizzy hair and it's so hard to manage in the summer. I always end up throwing it up in a bun because it is so hard to deal with. Ever since I discovered this gem I have been able to wear my hair down all summer long. It makes my hair so sleek,easy to style and soiree ready. Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum can be purchased at your local hair salon for around 20-24 dollars. 





These are my summer beauty favorites, what are yours? 
Let me know in the comments below! 










No comments:

Post a Comment